Disclaimer

Most of these recipes are in no way our own original recipes. We are simply sharing recipes we have found through years of cooking and baking that we enjoy. We in no way claim any of these recipes as our own, unless otherwise stated (unless they are super duper yummy). Please enjoy!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Asian Vegetable Pasta (aka Thai Chicken Pasta)

One of my favorite places to eat is The Cheesecake Factory and the dish I got every time was the Thai Chicken Pasta. It just so happened I stumbled onto a recipe that is easy and very close to the dish I always ordered. When I set out to make this I had no idea what it was. It just sounded good. But it ended up being just like one of my favorite dishes. Lucky me! I am so happy to have this. Now I have to find a yummy recipe for the vanilla bean cheesecake that ALWAYS came after.

1 pkg. Linguine
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in. pieces
1 c. julienned carrots
1/3 c. peanut butter
6 Tbsp.rice vinegar
6 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 -1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 c. unsalted peanuts

Boil water. Add pasta. When almost tender add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in carrots, cook for 1 minute or until pasta is tender. Drain the pasta and keep warm.
Sauce: In a small saucepan bring vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes to a boil. Add peanut butter. Take off heat and stir until smooth. Add sauce to warm pasta. Sprinkle peanuts.
Note: You can also add cooked chicken, bean sprouts or whatever else sounds good to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment