Disclaimer

Most of these recipes are in no way our own original recipes. We are simply sharing recipes we have found through years of cooking and baking that we enjoy. We in no way claim any of these recipes as our own, unless otherwise stated (unless they are super duper yummy). Please enjoy!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Slow cooker chicken


Night #2 of a new recipe that was delicious!!!

In a slow cooker, mix together:

One 24-ounce jar medium or mild salsa. I used Pace picante in Medium and it was only 16 oz and pureed it in my processor first. No chunks :)

Juice from one lime

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

One 1.25-oz. package taco seasoning

2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped, optional. (I used 1/2 of a serrano, that was all I had.)

Add 4-6 thawed chicken breasts.

Though the recipe didn't call for it, I added about 1/4 cup of water since I was short on the salsa, and I didn't want it to be dry. It wasn't!

Cook on low for 4-6 hours and serve immediately.

We put them on corn tortillas and added some avocado on top.

My house smelled like Chipotle all day....mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment